Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Simpsons #4

3.1-3.3

           I'm now very close to the generally accepted "golden age" of The Simpsons. Firstly, I'm surprised by how good in parts Season 2 was. The last episode ("Blood Feud") and the episode with the comic book especially have some genuine belly laughs (Comic Book Guy's first appearances, particularly laughing at the squabbling kids). But they really did step up their game with Season 3, which doesn't start off as strong as it ends up - the softball episode approaches, and I would consider that one of the funniest 20 mins of TV).

           Biggest laugh of the season so far - Homer's infatuation with Reader Digest ending as soon as it disappoints him just once. That looks like it doesn't translate well, but Homer's reaction really tickled me. "Bart the Murderer", the first Fat Tony episode is up next, which I recall being excellent, though I think I might be forgetting parts of it in favour of the episode with the chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment